Ubisoft created a digital distribution, digital rights management, multiplayer, and communications program called Ubisoft Connect (formerly known as Uplay)to offer an experience like the achievements and trophies provided by many other game developers. The service is offered on several platforms. Many folks, meanwhile, are still determining if it functions on Steam Deck.
On the Steam Deck, Ubisoft Connect is not officially supported. It is because, as its name suggests, the Valve console is made to play games from the brand’s official gaming platform. Games can try a few workarounds to get the Ubisoft gaming client working on the gadget.
However, the procedure is somewhat complicated. In this article, we will go over the specific instructions for installing and utilizing the Ubisoft client on the portable gaming console from Valve to assist players in resolving this issue.
Steps To Download Ubisoft Connect On The Steam Deck
Observe these instructions to download the official client from Ubisoft:
- Step 1 – First, put the console in desktop mode.
- Step 2 – Open a browser and go to the Ubisoft Connect download page, performing a quick Google search. Get the installer. It still needs to be installed.
- Step 3 – The third step is to visit the Steam Library. Ubisoft Connect must now be added as a game. In the lower-left corner, select “Add a Game”. Select from the option that opens, “Add a non-steam game.”
- Step 4 – The fourth Step is to select browse and then go to the downloads folder. The newly downloaded Ubisoft Connect Installer.exe should be clicked. Then select open.
- Step 5 – When finished, you should be able to find Ubisoft Connect Installer as a game in your Steam library.
- Step 6 – Navigate to the Compatibility tab in Step 6. Then, select force using a specific Steam Play compatibility tool by checking the box next to it. From the list of compatibility translation layers, select Proton Experimental.
- Step 7 – You can click play to start the installer to install the app.
- Step 8 – Select Finish after unchecking Run Ubisoft Connect.
How To Install Ubisoft Connect On The Steam Deck?
To install the Ubisoft client and start it on the portable console, follow these steps:
- Step 1 – Launch Ubisoft Connect Installer.exe in the first step from the Steam library. Select Properties from the Settings menu.
- Step 2 – Navigate to the shortcut tab and select Browse. Next, go to this location:
/home/deck/.local/share/steam/steamapps/compact data/[numerical_identifier]/pfx/drive_c/users/streamer/Desktop/Ubisoft Connect.link
- Step 3 – You should now have the Ubisoft Connect link added to your Steam Library. Go there and click on Properties Compatibility. The option to “Force the use of a specific Steam Play compatibility tool” should be checked. Select the most recent Proton version from the list.
- 4th Step – Return to Properties > Select Browse > Navigate to Ubisoft Game Launcher Under Program Files (x86) Ubisoft > Click on UbisoftConnect.lnk by scrolling down > Select Open to open the Launcher.
You may open the Ubisoft client after downloading and installing it on your console, just like any other game or software. Once you have set up the store, the process is straightforward.
Watch this video demonstration to learn how to connect Ubisoft on the Steam Deck with Steam OS:
Performance And Optimization
Ubisoft Connect can be installed on the Steam Deck. However, performance and Optimization issues must be taken into account. The Steam Deck hardware can play various PC games, including those provided by Ubisoft.
It is important to remember that some Ubisoft games can have particular system requirements or performance issues. The AMD APU in the Steam Deck delivers performance on par with mid-range gaming PCS.
The AMD APU in the Steam deck provides performance on par with mid-range gaming PCs. The majority of Ubisoft games should run smoothly with this. However, some newer or more demanding games could require graphical settings to run smoothly. Elements like temperature management and battery life could also be essential when playing resource-intensive games.
Controller And Input Compatibility
The Steam Deck integrated controller layout, which closely mimics standard gaming consoles, is one of its key features. Gamepads, keyboards, and mice are just a few of the input devices that Ubisoft Connect is made to interact with. As a result, you may play Ubisoft titles with your choice input device by simply connecting your Steam Deck to a TV or monitor.
Online Features And Multiplayer
The Steam Decks integrated Controller layout. Which closely mimics standard gaming consoles is one of its key features. Gamepads. Keyboards and mice are just a few of the input devices the Ubisoft Connect is made to interact with.
As a result, you may play Ubisoft Connect to interact with. As a result, you may play Ubisoft titles with your choice input device by simply connecting your Steam Deck to a TV or monitor.
Share Play- Ubisoft Connect Desktop app
On the Ubisoft Connect desktop client, the Share Play feature allows you to share your game and controls with guests from a distance. It facilitated multiplayer play through a shared keyboard ( with the host or one visitor) and Controllers (with additional guests)
Select PC titles from Ubisoft Connect are eligible for the Share Plays Open Beta test. Please assist us in improving. Please use the in-game pop-up to contact us immediately after your session if you have any questions or concerns.
Many games now support Share Play. To see whether a particular game supports this feature, look in the left-hand menu on the Game description pages. Additionally, you can use any supported gamepad. Additionally, you can use any supported gamepad. If you play as a visitor, the game will identify your PlayStation controller as an Xbox controller.
Although the guest does not have to download the game to use Share Play, the host and visitors must download and run the Ubisoft Connect desktop application. Additionally, Share Play is not free. Instead, it is a no-cost feature accessible via the PC Ubisoft Connect Software.
Share Play: Minimum Requirements
A shared Play-compatible game installed and running on the host’s computer is required. The visitor must use the Ubisoft Connect desktop app and have an 18+ Ubisoft Account. Both of you need a robust and consistent Internet Connection (minimum 10 Mb/sec).
But remember that you can invite anyone as long as they are of legal age and have a Ubisoft Account. Check your internet connection (minimum 10 Mb/sec) and ensure that everyone uses the most recent Ubisoft Connect desktop client if your guests still have problems connecting.
Sharing Control Of Game Session WIth Guests
You can invite visitors when a Share Play compatible game launches on your PC using the in-game overlay (press [Shift F2] or game page. They’ll stream into your game and participate. They can control the protagonist using a gamepad, mouse, and keyboard for solo or cooperative play. By pressing [shift F3], you can alter these settings at any moment and select which controls are active.
The Steam Deck and Ubisoft Connect are compatible. The Steam Deck gives customers the freedom to install and utilize a variety of apps, including Ubisoft Connect, as a portable PC with a Linuc-based Operating system.
Players can access their Ubisoft titles, manage their collections, and use the platform’s online services by installing Ubisoft Connect on the Steam Deck. To guarantee a pleasant gaming experience, it is essential to consider hardware performance and optimization factors.